Always and Forever box 1 has been created for children to help them understand and manage bereavement.
The craft items can be used to create a ‘button memory tree’ where each button can represent a person or memory. This encourages gentle conversations about life and loss, or the person who has died.
This activity can be done alone or together and can be added to over time.
Decorating the box with the paints provided personalises, whilst encouraging expression of emotions through art. The box that is then 100% theirs, can be kept as a memory/keepsake box to keep treasured mementos safely inside.
In the box;
- Always and Forever by Debi Gliori & Alan Durant
Otter, Mole, Fox and Hare live together as great friends, however, when Fox dies his friends don’t know how to continue living. A heart warming tale where they learn to share their fond memories to keep Fox alive in their hearts and minds always and forever.
- Plywood buttons, to glue on the canvas to represent memories or loved ones
- Set of 8 acrylic paints and brushes
- Buttons, Sequins and PVA glue for the memory tree and box
- A set of 12 washable fibre tip colouring pens
- Blank canvas
- Magnetic fridge fob to hold a photograph
- Notepad and pencil (colour may vary)
- Guidance notes for making a button tree
You may prefer;
Always and Forever Box 2 includes the same as Box 1 but it has a larger paint set.
Memories Box helps families and carers to have open and honest discussions with the children in their care, by using the box and it’s contents to help them prepare for or manage bereavement, through crafts, art therapy and the story.
The box is a premium, contemporary, streamline and elegant look white box measuring 30x30x9cm
White matt laminated finish throughout.
Concealed magnetic snap shut front flap closure.
Adult supervision required.
Add items to the box by clicking here;