The Memory Tree Box has been created to help children understand and manage bereavement.
The craft items can be used to create a ‘button memory tree’ where each button can represent a person or memory, helping start conversations about life and loss. This is a beautiful activity to do alone or together and can be added to over time.
Decorating the box with the paints provided personalises it, whilst encouraging expression of emotions through art. The box is then 100% theirs and can be be kept as a memory/keepsake box to keep treasured mementos safely inside.
In the box;
- The Memory Tree by Britta Teckentrup
A beautifully written and illustrated book about the death of a dear friend, Fox, who has reached the end of his life. Each of his friends share their fond memories and as time passes a tree grows where Fox died, the more they remember Fox the larger it grows giving the friends a place to rest and shade to sleep.
- Plywood buttons, to place on the canvas to represent memories or loved one
- 17 piece acrylic paints set
- Buttons, Sequins and PVA glue for the memory tree and box
- A set of 12 washable fibre tip colouring pens
- Blank canvas
- Magnetic fridge fob to hold a photograph
- Notepad and pencil (colour may vary)
- Guidance notes for making a button tree
Memories Box helps families and carers to have open and honest discussions with the children in their care, by using the box and it’s contents to help them prepare for or manage bereavement, through crafts, art therapy and the story.
The box is a premium, contemporary, streamline and elegant look white box measuring 30x30x9cm
White matt laminated finish throughout.
Concealed magnetic snap shut front flap closure.
Adult supervision required.
Add items to ‘The Memory Tree Box’ here;